Estonian Association of Journalists (Eesti Ajakirjanike Liit, EAL) unites professional journalist and media workers on voluntary bases, is politically unaffiliated artistic and professional association with trade union rights. EAL is a full member in International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) and European Federation of Journalists (EFJ). EAL belongs to Estonian Cultural Chamber (EKK) and Estonian Trade Union Confederation (EAKL).
Estonian Association of Journalists aims to uphold, develop and value Estonian journalistic culture and advance the creative possibilities of its members. In its actions the association follows the principles of defending and representing the economic, social, job-related and professional rights and interests of the members.
Six reasons for a journalist to join:
1) solidarity with other journalists
2) opportunity to form a trade union department in their workplace and defend their interests unitedly
3) potentiality to get legal advice
4) extra information in professional field
5) being represented in the law-making process
6) opportunity to participate in international professional cooperation
Association’s everyday actions are run by the office and the board. The highest body of the EAL is annual convention.
• Find 2 referees from the current membership, who will present their recommendation to the board in free form to e-mail eal[at]eal.ee
• Fill and send to eal[at]eal.ee application avaldus.
If the board sees need, the candidate will be asked to come for an interview with the board-members. The acceptance is decided by the board according to the charter. The membership comes in force after first fee payment.
• annual fee for a working-age member - 50 euros
• or trade union fee 0,7 % of income (only applicable to trade union branch members)
• annual fee for retired member - 29 euros
• honorary members of EAL are exempt for annual fee
The press card is issued only to the member who has payed the fee in due time. The card is issued from the EAL office (see contact data). EAL press card has the member’s photo (3x4), signature, validity date and EAL impress.
Postal address: Gonsiori 27, Tallinn 15029 , room 2510
Office hours E and N 13.00-18.00
Phone:+372 646 3699 / mobile:+372 5333 9699
Reg nr: 80040692
Bank account: EE741010052031982009, SEB pank
Bank address: AS SEB Pank, Tornimäe 2, Tallinn 15010